DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I actually like the white top. Reminds me of an old Range Rover or FJ-40.

Yeah, prices are bananas on these right now. Based on what we paid, ours has depreciated all of 5% since 2014. We looked at a ton of them in the mid to upper $20k range that were basket cases, high miles, beat to shit. We sucked it up and paid for the last model year and super low miles (60k). the thing is mint. Looks brand new inside and out, but boy did it cost us.

On the flipside, the Delicas are also in high demand and goin for crazy dollars. We sold that one for a laughably high sum of money so that helped a bunch.
I think the only reason I disliked the white top was that I was looking at a black one. yeah, considering Toyota, pricing is crazy on these. I won't lie, I kinda hate that you got rid of the Delica. That thing was bad ass too.
Trust me, I hate myself too. My wife actually cried as the new owners drove away and she gives ZERO fucks about things like cars. That van was like a member of our family. Selling it felt almost on par with the idea of giving one of our dogs away.

But the reality is that I spent more time than I have to spare working on it and we never felt free to just jump in and drive more than 100 miles. Anything beyond about 100 miles was this huge production of loading up tools, critical supplies, etc. "just in case"... we want to do a multi-week trip this winter. Ski in Montana. Wind our way down through Zion. Then over to Palm Springs to warm up and visit my folks before driving back to Seattle up the Pacific Coast Highway. 3,300 miles round trip. Wouldn't think twice about it in the FJ. The Delica though? Not a chance!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00