View Single Post
      08-13-2020, 11:01 AM   #10
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

[QUOTE=Maverik259;26558383]honestly i would like to see some data that these "aftermarket" solutions would actually protect the oil cooler at all. The gaps are so large that i really don't see what it could actually protect you from. The mesh seems like exactly what they should have included with the design especially considering the high cost for these products. Cudo's to all of you making the mods to the mod but seems to me like you shouldn't even have to.[/QUOTE

I bought my Fall Line guard from IND, and after I’d added the mesh to it, I asked Ryan at IND if he’d suggest to Fall Line that they become pro-active with their design and send the mesh upgrade to all their previous customers, and add it to the guard for the future. Ryan said he passed that on to Fall Line back in April of this year. The mesh I used is pretty weak, I’m a fan of that used by CanadianF90M5. Sturdy and will keep the small stones from possibly puncturing the cooler. Bought in bulk by the manufacturers, the costs for the fairly expensive stainless mesh could be kept down at the retail level for the end user. I’ve experienced no rise in engine oil temps after mounting the guard with the mesh.
Attached Images

Last edited by Used2be; 08-13-2020 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 2