Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
I currently drive an M3 CS and drove the X3M today (I'm considering one), and I can say without a doubt that the X3M ride is harsher than the M3 CS.

I've also owned the M3 Competition and that was horrible - the CS improves on the ride considerably. This shouldn't be understated - but the X3M is hard.

If I was to try and compare I'd say that the X3M in comfort is closer to the M3 CS in Sport Plus suspension. The X3M is still very compliant though.

I'll probably be going ahead with the X3M tomorrow as I just love it in many different aspects, but any improvement to the ride would be welcome.
I haven't been in an M3 CS but there has got to be something up here. Like the X3M tires were set at 50 PSI or something. Could there be an issue with certain vehicles and not others?

As myself and several others have repeated, I find my X3MC quite comfortable and it got better past 2000 miles on the clock. The suspension can be a little busy but both wife and I never find it to be harsh or jarring. I click the suspension into sport+ any time I'm driving fast or cornering aggressively and even that is fine IMO.
The M3 CS has;

19/20 staggered setup
Carbon bonnet
Carbon ceramic brakes (in my case)
Remapped dampers
Base M3 springs (not comp)
Wider tires

All of these things combined make the CS infinitely more comfortable and compliant than the M3 Competition I had prior.

As a CS owner and someone who spent an hour or so driving the X3M on all manner of roads yesterday, I stand by my comment that the X3M is a harder ride than the CS.

It was immediately noticeable, though it sounds like the MSS kit dials things back just enough to make it a complete non issue, which I'm really happy to hear.

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7848.50
Yes2m3cs155.00