View Single Post
      06-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #20
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

I’m tracking the M5 Competition with steel brakes as well. Did 6 HPDE days in 2019 and our first event is June 13th this year.

I’ve been using the Pirelli tires that came with the car. I had to change the front tires for our last event.

The car is completely stock with the only change being that I’m using Motul brake fluid just to be on the safe side but I am unsure if it is necessary for HPDE track days.

In MDM, the car is eating the rear brake pads and I figure that I will use 3 sets of rear pads for 1 set of front. Probably because of my driving...

The car is super quick and I was able to play cat and mouse with a McLaren 720S and a Porsche GT3. The guys were not impressed that my M5 could keep up with them in different areas of the track. That was a load of fun. The McLaren is a beast in long straights and the GT3 is a master in curves. The M5 is a very good all rounder.

The only place where it seems to struggle a bit is when there are quick left-right or right-left transitions. You can really feel the weight and hesitation of the chassis in these transitions.

Apart from that, you will have a blast and I wouldn’t be surprised if you would be one of the fastest for the whole day.

Have fun!