///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Yes. I would still do ED without the 5-7% discount. $1000 for the experience. No problem. What pissed me off was BMW taking away all the normal incentives a customer would get ordering a car for US dealership delivery. I would gladly pay an extra amount as long as normal incentives are allowed into the cost of the lease/purchase.
That's my only point. Probably for historical reasons, BMW and other manufacturers have the economics upside down for a modern ED program. Let's face it, these trips are expensive and really only appeal to customers with greater disposal income/wealth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
PS. They aren't going to bring back the program. It's over.
I don't disagree at all, but never's a long time. Who knows, a new "European Experience" program could be announced in five years as an extra-cost option to the customer and with normal dealer discounts? I can dream I guess.
I just don't see it happening. Let's be honest here BMW is barely an enthusiast brand at this point. All I see is soccer moms and granny's driving X3 and X5s. I barely see any new 3 series on the road here (probably a good thing as it's hideous) and the occasional 5 series with some giant grille 7er thrown in.

What do they offer that other brands aren't doing better? It used to be driving dynamics but that is long gone. Even the new G8x is really just a rebadged Audi RS car. There are plenty of SUVs that are better looking and drive better then BMWs offerings at the moment.

They needed to set themselves apart from the pack. Instead we get this.
Appreciate 1
ted99248.00