View Single Post
      04-06-2020, 08:45 AM   #131
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Just curious, but what is the hype behind the modern 911 turbo's? Other than quick acceleration and the whale tale, I always find myself liking the Carrera S, GTS or T more, but I'm also someone who doesn't put an emphasis on 0-60 times so that could be why.

The 992 Carrera S is putting out 2.9 seconds to 60 (w/ 1ft rollout) in magazines like Car and Driver, so realistically around 3.1 seconds, and this was in both the cabriolet and hardtop with RWD, and both with a lighter curb weight than the Turbo (and no manual for the Turbo now) so what are some reasons (other than acceleration) to go for the Turbo? Just generally curious here.
The 911 turbo is GT3RS fast on track (with lesser tires mind you) and straight line one of the fastest cars available but is probably the best grand tourer on the market. It’s luxurious and supple, but at the same time a driver’s car and precise in a way most sports car can’t match. It also distinguishes itself as more of a brute in terms of accelation vs the more linear power band (IMO the best NA feeling turbo motors) in the Carreras. My 991.2S and T just feel NA with great torque and I love that.

Last edited by Funf6cyl; 04-06-2020 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0