04-03-2020, 05:39 PM   #21
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I'm surprised to hear about your experience with them. We have dealt with ER for several years, their customer service is top-notch. So are their products.
I was as well based on their reputation. I only installed the ER lowers to the OEM exhaust piping and aside from the fitment issues, they got over those and then we ran into the issue with the exhaust piping sliding too far over the DP's and so they were leaking because the clamp on the oem exhaust pipe is tack welded on so it has to clamp onto the flare of the DP and it was clamping on where the flare was reducing on an angle, once we pushed the exhaust out towards the back of the car a 1/4" or so the pipe and clamp sat on the flare of the DP and the leak went away. I spoke to ER about it and the last conversation we had they were going to look into the issue and get back to me but never did. It is what it is, the DP's are on my car and they work now but they were not easy to install and Gintani knows damn well what they are doing over there building twin turbo GT3's among other things, a DP install for them should have been a breeze when the parts fit correctly.
Appreciate 0