View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
Brickologic
Private
Rep
Drives: 1MCoupe M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanthius View Post
I have them and just finished my first track day in this particular car at Laguna Seca. I've had the coil overs on probably for 6+ months.

In general they were acceptable, decent enough for body roll, and helped keep the car stable through some challenging spots.

Most challenging was floaty feeling at crests, which diminished when I turned up rebound about 1 click from full hard.

They are super comfy for street and aren't terrible for track but I do find myself wishing I had something a little better.

They don't really seem designed for F80 chassis at all, rear helper spring is fully compressed all the time even when suspension is fully unloaded which I don't think is intended. And minimum drop in the rear is still rather low, which many people on these forums have complained about. I think the ride height is fine but it would be nice to have a tiny bit adjustability, but being able to only go lower is ridiculous.

Then the out of box settings on the v3's was garbage, it did take me a while to finally dial it all in but now I am starting to accept them more. Still wish I got something better and 3 way would be awesome.

The KW V3 is a entry level kit for the street and not for the racetrack ;-)
Appreciate 0