01-21-2020, 08:43 AM   #44
ste0803
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Purple F90 M5 - Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Would you say it pops and bangs more, when under load and driving or about the same, but more audible ?. There is nothing wrong with my car when it is free revving, when stationary, it bangs like a good un, but im slightly disappointed when on the move under load when driving, when, apart from the irregular massive gunshot, it doesnt oblige me.
Im comparing it to my M4 Comp with MPE, where i knew instantly where the noises were, at certain rev ranges, but the M5 isnt quite as predictable etc.
The M5 has a much more reserved use of the pops and bangs.

I had the M4 on a custom tune so it would pop at will at any given time but I think the M5 has sensors which detect heat in the exhaust / engine and hold back the pops until a safe temperature has been reached.

I can get the car to pop on on downshift for a say 5 - 6 sets of pops and it will then stop. This tells me that BMW have implemented a safeguard to stop engine exhaust temps getting too high and causing damage.

It is slightly louder when at full throttle, I think it sounds really nice. But in my opinion its still too quiet with the OPF and Cats in.

The next step for me may be a tune and remove the OPF's by replacing it with Remus midpipe.

Its a different route than I took with the M4, with that I left the exhaust totally standard and did a DeCat which sounded great but my friends Remus (catback) always sounded way better.

I'll try get some rolling video soon as I have a day free this week and going to wash the car and go get some shots of the new mods.
Appreciate 1
Simon H876.00