View Single Post
      11-19-2019, 08:49 PM   #1433
Stealth7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: No BMWs Right Now!

First, let's not derail the excellent content of this thread with arguments about what payments should be, etc. There are a wide variety of situations already posted. So, sorry for any distraction.

Second, not that it matters, but I purchased a different car of a different make in May of last year because I did not want to wait three months for my 2019 M5 Competition to arrive (I had just sold both a Dinan 550i M-Sport and a Viper GTS (last Gen available). That alternative car has now been sold so I need a new car. That transaction came up suddenly, hence the rental car.

Third, I have already had three 550s and want more grunt. I've also had two Vipers and many other high power vehicles. What can I say, I like the power.

Fourth, as I have always maintained, the f90 M5 is a class – leading car, but somewhat sleeper looking. You will note that many members on this board go to some lengths to make their vehicles look a bit more aggressive, etc. I am no different and prefer certain non-– standard colors and options. For a car costing $110,000 – $130,000 I expect to get something I like, both in appearance and performance. Each person has a right to vote with their dollars and I am no different. Further, a current custom color ordered car will not be available for approximately four months. This is about the same time that order banks will open for 2021 cars, which will include the refresh.

Finally, I will simply post once I arrive at a vehicle to avoid some of the sharpshooting by various parties. Of course I do understand that this is a forum and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Have a good evening, and Happy Holidays!
Appreciate 2