Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsteve98 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsteve98 View Post
I broke down and paid the $80 for a year. While I do like BMWs nav and map much more, their traffic updates are crap. This forces me to use Waze or Google maps for better traffic monitoring.

Also, the BT audio quality sucks. Only Apple CarPlay has the bandwidth to handle master quality audio from Tidal.
The above "only apple carplay has the bandwidth" comment regarding master quality audio - is this really true or is this some apple exec trolling?! Anyone know from experience / tech background?
I'm no Apple exec trolling. You can test for yourself. Try playing a song via BT audio. Then play that same song via the CarPlay app. Make sure you are using something that is master quality audio from tidal or other service that has master quality. The difference is apparent on the B&W. Not sure how much different on HK though.

As for bandwidth, everyone knows that BT does a lot of compression and decreases audio quality. I believe BT 5.0 is better but don't think these cars are equipped to handle. Some techie would have to confirm. CarPlay uses WiFi which has the ability to transfer more data than BT. While I can't provide tech data on the bitrates via the 2 technologies, you can certainly hear a difference.
I don't see the appeal to CarPlay... I don't see the appeal to most of it truthfully...

Also don't see the uproar over $300 for 20 years lol... That's, pretty damn cheap when you break it up monthly... it's a $1.25 a month...

It's grimey but if you want it, you have to pay the $1.25 a month... Yes yes, if it's a lease it's only 3 years (2 years really of paid CarPlay) but still, it's only $12.50 a month...
Appreciate 0