View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
JelenaA21
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i M

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
Agreed, not an easy job. And, I hope this doesn't sound bad, but if you are asking about things like what adhesive to use, you might not be quite ready to dive into the job itself. I don't want to discourage you from trying, but I would say to have a backup plan in case it goes badly. As recommended above, read up on some how-to's people have written describing what they tried and get a feel for if you're ready for it, have the tools needed, and so on.
No worries! I've taken apart headlights before on my old car a while back, it wasn't a BMW but I understand the process a little, back then I used some glue I found at Canadian Tire which seemed to hold up for the life of the car but I plan to keep this vehicle for longer and was wondering if there was a specific adhesive I should be using for this, especially a BMW. I don't really have a back up plan but I'm going to start with taking apart the cheaper headlight ($100) first and see how that goes before I attempt removing the lens on my light.
Appreciate 1