View Single Post
      08-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Ditto the last two comments. You're going to need something longer to loosen the bolts.

I just helped my neighbor the other week with this same issue. His daughter's car had a flat and he couldn't loosen the lug bolts. I took over an approx 3 ft' steel pipe that I keep around for just this purpose...and we first slipped it over the car's (an old M Benz) aluminum (or some other type of soft metal) lug wrench to extend the length (which increases the leverage)...but her lug wrench started to bend. So I went and got my steel breaker bar and the appropriate sized socket...and slipped the steel pipe onto the handle of my steel breaker...and that worked perfectly...the lug bolt came right off.

If your BMW lug wrench starts to bend like my neighbors...scrap it and use a hardened steel socket wrench (if you have one) along with an extended steel pipe. Most BMW lug bolts can be removed with a 17mm socket...but have a 19mm socket on standby because for a while...BMW was using 19mm lug bolts. Every BMW I've owned has used a 17mm lug bolt except for my 2006 e53 X5 which has 19mm lug bolts. Why BMW does things like this....I have no clue.

The longer the bar...the greater the leverage...the easier it will be to remove the lug bolts. It's simple geometry.

{my "persuader" bar}
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

Last edited by Qsilver7; 08-20-2019 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 1
NYC_X5372.00