07-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #9
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
I'm a pretty big fan of TRW consistency in quality control. Not sure if Meyle matches but I'd imagine they do. I also use a lot of Febi parts and they are fine, but I'd assume it's a standard part unless HD is specified.

That said... What does HD actually mean? I always wondered if it was just a marketing ploy.
I think HD means Heavy Duty. Maybe it's just a marketing ploy... but at least on AutoDoc.de they do show a difference in part numbers. And the HD parts are about ~10 euros more per unit.

Upon further parts searching... it looks like all of the above tie rods ARE HD units. I went back and found just the regular OEM parts on that site as well.

I think I will order the TRW ones, since my front suspension ///M bits are also TRW units. And I will order two of the rubber bellow kits from Meyle.

One other thought... there is one other company that is well known for suspension parts and that is: LEMFÖRDER. They also make tie rods but are slightly more expensive at ~15 to 20 euros more per tie rod. Not sure why the added costs. But I thought I would mention this.

Dack
Appreciate 1
Yeineken1336.50