05-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #39
Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw f90 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboy View Post
soon as you flash these ECU's the car throws an DME manipulation code, can't be taken out.

soon as the car goes to the Dealer its red flagged, don't ask how i know all this, iv'e been down this road before with the main dealer for warranty work let me say i was 1 of the fortunate ones, but i know a few that where not!.

If someone can show us a revised set of rods and pistons in the new F90 engine over the F10 then i'd believe in tuning the F90 platform but until then stocks the only way for zero hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboy View Post
soon as you flash these ECU's the car throws an DME manipulation code, can't be taken out.

soon as the car goes to the Dealer its red flagged, don't ask how i know all this, iv'e been down this road before with the main dealer for warranty work let me say i was 1 of the fortunate ones, but i know a few that where not!.

If someone can show us a revised set of rods and pistons in the new F90 engine over the F10 then i'd believe in tuning the F90 platform but until then stocks the only way for zero hassle.

Yeah so a bms stage 1 is the safest way to go? I mean I don't care about warranty as long as the tune is set to safe parameters which wouldn't cause the engine to blow or bent rods. Also even with the flash tune they wouldn't flag the car for routine maintenance that is covered under warranty. Only if a problem occurs with the engine then they could deny the warranty.
Appreciate 0