View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #33
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
that is exactly what I'm saying. Mercedes is looking to earn business from subjective point. We all know they know how to build a performance car... F1.. but they purposely got into this market with the GT63. Not everything in life is objective. it's the balance between everything that makes us. I've never said M5 is worse performer. I'm just saying there is an appeal for a certain group for this car including me.

I know you aren't buying cars that you feel over priced for the performance given because of the fact that we are in performance car forum such as this. I'm talking about majority of people. The GT63 is not targeted to us. It's targeted towards Aston Marin, Maserati, Range Rover buyers yet offering that solid German technology. I see a big appeal in this and so does MB.

No. I can name cars in the pitch dark by looking at their headlights or taillights. I'm talking from a non-enthusiast's eyes like many of my colleagues. They can't tell the difference between 530 and M5. but GT63 is distinctly low, wide and big enough (road presence that a 5 series body can't match) that people will recognize instantly that it's an expensive car.
You say you understand the difference but you keep saying things like “that a 5 series body can’t match - that people will recognize instantly that is an expensive car”. You only speak for you I’m afraid. Again - showing status and wealth is important to you - I get it. And you like the GT63 more than an M5 - I get that too.

That is your opinion.

It’s a slower car - in every way - that is a fact. That isn’t important to you.

I think that sums it up.
Appreciate 1
bubbaboy107.50