View Single Post
      04-24-2019, 08:59 AM   #25
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
Me too. And at this level of luxury and price, I don't think 10th of second on the track performance really doesn't matter or the extra 400lbs of weight. Heck it's very rare to even see a C63 on the track, nor an M5. I've driven Maserati coupes and they don't drive any better than an M4 but the Maseratis still sell at double the price.. why? because of status symbol and the presence it has on the road.

At this level, it's about presence, luxury and showing who got more money. And I choose GT63. I just worked on one last night and the car is just everything I'd want for a sport family sedan that can hold its own next to Astons and Maseratis without breaking down every month. M5 might perform slightly better but looks just like another 4cyl 530i.
It's important to know the difference between objective and subjective criteria.
Objective criteria can be measured; like how quick and fast a car is. It cannot be debated.
Subjective criteria is someones opinion - it can be very much debated.

Your entire comment is subjective. For example - my cars aren't about "who got more money". That is your personality and what you care about.

The GT63 is a nice car - just as the E63S is a nice car. They weren't for me (subjective). Performance is important for me (subjective). And the F90 M5 is the quicker, better handling and faster platform (objective). So for me - it is more fun to drive (subjective).
Appreciate 7
onfireX53619.50
elbmw827.50
Vic5519789.00
VCP1390.00