View Single Post
      04-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #31
DrEd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Yet again another pointless drag race from CarWow .

In the standing start, the M5 clearly got the jump on the modded M3. Which makes the entire race inconclusive.
This ill will towards CarWow and Matt Watson is becoming bit of a recurring theme on here. I have no personal allegiance to Matt or to CarWow for that matter however there are a few things some might benefit from knowing before throwing rather baseless barbed comments in future.

Matt is a bonafide motoring journalist (you do the searching...) who cut his teeth doing the base car tests before progressing. He has not changed his character or approach from day one, making him genuine beyond fault. If you don’t like (or even understand ) his regional accent or quirks that’s good, we’re all entitled to our opinions.

Personally, Mr. DeMuro’s impossibly high Kermit the Frog tones grate with me but I do respect the man’s work and would not seek to criticise but would openly offer differing views to his, as and when they do arise.

If people wish to criticise the ‘science’ of CarWow’s approach, this is also fine. Matt is pretty open and honest about the flaws in each of his comparison tests but come on, as many have already alluded to, this is all a bit of fun from which we may all draw our own conclusions.

Last edited by DrEd; 04-07-2019 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
BMW953.00