Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
There you go!
That's wha tI am talking about Abd did suspect that M550i will not have the same drop cosmetically like the M5,

Another question r33_RGSport Ben, how come it's for M550i and feel that noticeably stiffer? I feel I just jumped into an M5C which I have heard about but never tasted the forbidden fruit
In general, there are 2 ways in making lowering spring.
1. H&R generally uses style where it have lower spring rate on the top few coils and high spring rate on the rest.
2. Eibach generally uses style where it have more gradual spring rate from lower to higher from top to the bottom.

With H&R style, you'll gain more drop with a compromise of stiffer ride most of the time. If your shock valving is not up to par or close to it, you will feel bounciness.
With Eibach style, you'll gain less drop but ride will be similar or close to stock.

Maybe Miko M will have better answer since he is in the spring manufacturing business.
I really didn't feel much of a difference from stock to H&R Springs
I wanted to check the spring rate on both but never got to it
What RG is referring to is, multiple rate Springs( progressive rate ) vs single rate ( liner rate )
You can usually see on variable pitch and also inner diameter ( like tapered Springs )
It gets very tricky when you change the rate and, at what hight you are changing it.
Another thing when you shorten up the spring the Load is changing at preloaded hight off the car, there is a way compensating for that by changing the end coils or even the wire diameter.
I have a software that i can change the hight of a Spring but maintain the same rate of stock Springs, usually that requires changes to wire diameter or variable pitch.
Hope this didn't confuse anyone. Lol
Miko Miko Miko
You the king man!
Wanna elaborate on handling? Stiffness? Cornering? Insulation and your overarching impression!

Thx
Thanks brother!

The drop on mine car was 7/8" front and only 3/8 on the back.
Which means very little changes are actually being done ( specially on the back )
It's literally cheep way to duplicate the Spring just making the F.L. shorter
That's why cornering and compression is almost the same.
Now with M550 Springs could be different because the Springs are shorter and you could potentially bottom out and hit the stops.
Now you just stepped on sore toes
I think I tried to reproduce that taking a very deep slope at 60mph with 2 adults and 2 children and a semi full trunk, yet if it happened it was subtle and in the back only,

How bad is it to hit stoppers?
This bad ))))))))
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
soooma1381.00