United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
There you go!
That's wha tI am talking about Abd did suspect that M550i will not have the same drop cosmetically like the M5,

Another question r33_RGSport Ben, how come it's for M550i and feel that noticeably stiffer? I feel I just jumped into an M5C which I have heard about but never tasted the forbidden fruit
In general, there are 2 ways in making lowering spring.
1. H&R generally uses style where it have lower spring rate on the top few coils and high spring rate on the rest.
2. Eibach generally uses style where it have more gradual spring rate from lower to higher from top to the bottom.

With H&R style, you'll gain more drop with a compromise of stiffer ride most of the time. If your shock valving is not up to par or close to it, you will feel bounciness.
With Eibach style, you'll gain less drop but ride will be similar or close to stock.

Maybe Miko M will have better answer since he is in the spring manufacturing business.
Either too technical or English being my second language is the issue? LOL
Wanna give it another go in English!
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport13108.50
Miko M6663.50