View Single Post
      02-11-2019, 07:30 PM   #145
chrysalis19
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500, Panamera 4S

Hi all. I did not notice a new member introductions section anywhere, so this seems like a good place to jump in. I’m excited I may have an opportunity to own an M5 in the near future. Would do a corporate lease a BMW will let me. I did that with an S6 long ago. Not a great car, but a chance to have a smooth V10 I guess .

Having owned several 911 turbos, the comparison certainly flatters the M5. I was not a huge fan of the persistently brutal ride journalists somehow all conspired to ignore , nor of the numb electric steering. My last porschd was a 991 turbo s that I don’t miss in the least.

M5 sounds near perfect DD but of course I must look at the E63 S as well. Has anyone driven both back to back? A friend in Florida just did and strongly preferred the AMG. I however am getting older, have young kids, do not want to deal with loud engines and harsh ride. Nor choppy clutches. Nor even air suspension, given recent failure of my Ram 1500 in northern WI.

I would swap to winter tires and would never track the car.

Are there any must have options? Great color combos? Blue/ beige was beautiful on my wife’s 535. Which, by the way, I liked more than her current panamera.
Appreciate 0