View Single Post
      11-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #50
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

I agree Carlos with all that you wrote... as I had my E63S for about 8 months I will echo the thoughts:

1. The E63S is more aggressive in its response due to tq delivery but its rough as fuck on the streets and its transmission delivery. The MCT is a thud monster and at times I get that jerky feeling like I did in my SMG 3 cars (BMW and Audi R8 S tronic). The E is just not remotely as comfortable from a tranny feel to suspension.

2. Its shifting manually is not as fluid as the ZF8 with the M. I did a video Saturday with my M where I had to do probably over 30 runs with manual shifts from digs and rolls. I completely forgot this was not a DCT (in regards to response and speed of shifts). Its just so smooth.

3. Tech is much better in the M but the E has the better visuals. Bad sadly the E is so slow its like a Commodore 64 vs latest Intel Processor with the M. Also the ease of making changes in media or nav goes to the M too. The M HUD is better IMHO with a clear cut visual on shifting points when one is ripping it.

4. Steering is where I clearly didnt like the E as much- the artificial controls at higher speeds in turns (over 100) is frankly a bit annoying and it doesnt allow me to drive the car with my skill set. Instead it feels like its overthinking things and that causes me to manually correct and at 100 plus thats not what I want.

5. Exhaust is the better with the E but I did an exhaust mod with my M and its every bit as strong as the E IMHO now. Yes it took a mod but its not expensive and there are other things in the M that the E can NOT overcome from a mod perspective (steering, suspension, tech)

Stock vs stock I feel the E would get out of the gate faster (if layman are lined up at a light) and then the F90 would pull but F90 is the faster car speed and will keep pulling at triple digits. Again, this is for non pre meditated runs but more impromptus.

And as I have always, two great cars that get to the same destination in different manners.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 2
CarlosM4465.00
vtknight966.50