View Single Post
      11-08-2018, 08:07 AM   #4
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi2M3 View Post
Where to start? When I told the dealer the car looked a little high in the front and the manager said it was normal? When I curbed my rim trying to get in on a high enough curb that I could get a better look? When my local garage turned me away saying they wouldn't dare put a brand new M5 Competition on a lift because they worried about liability? When I tried to get an appointment at my dealer to look at it and they gave me a two week wait? No, I'll just start with the fact that there are, at this very moment, two shipping blocks in my front suspension. They have been the bane of my existence. As many of you have seen in my posts the last couple of months, I have been clear that I thought there was something wrong with my suspension. The problem was that it hasn't been an obvious bouncing or noise, it has just been incredibly harsh. I felt like maybe I was just an idiot for buying, without a test drive, the M5C, because the Comp is meant to have a stiffer suspension. I felt like I live in Boston and the roads are crap and the car is bigger than my M3 was, so maybe... no, I knew something was wrong, but couldn't prove it. I was concerned that if I brought it back to the dealer they would cover up the problem since they left the blocks in and would be the only ones who could see them in there. In the end, my wife and I agreed that if we couldn't find anything wrong with the suspension, we were going to take a ~30K loss and sell it and get something else. As a last attempt (until I my appointment at the dealer was to come around in two weeks) I, after two tries, got my local tire shop to put the car on a lift (only after I bought new snow tires), because I was so convinced there had to be shipping blocks in there — BMW could not make a car that behaves like this... And there they were. (Pics below). I'm headed to the dealer now, but wanted to let my anger calm down.
That's crazy! How long have you had your car? I would push them to pay for an M driving school experience or the M drivers package for your car which can be installed after delivery.

I had something like this happen on one of my cars and dealer gave me a few amazon gift cards totaling $5k.
Appreciate 0