dnippard
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Ocean1 View Post
Aduele:

I have been looking into the aftermarket wheel options and I will share with you what I have learned but unfortunately it may not be particularly helpful.

In talking to several wheel dealers, I have found that there can be a fit issue in standard offset sizes around the brakes, even in the 20 inch wheel sizes. For example, I thought the 20 inch HRE Flowform wheels would be a good option, but surprisingly only the new 21 inch version will work which is a no go for a winter option for me.

That then pushes you into a custom wheel in the rotary/flow formed category in the $500 range where you can determine the offsets you need. One dealer recommended Vertini and Stance wheels (may be the same company) as you can have them made to your specific offset. I didn't get too far into that but suspect it would probably take several weeks so you would have to hold out on the weather. A couple of those wheel styles look pretty good.

While only my perspective, I had a poorer experience with rotary formed wheels as my winter set on my E63 as I had several cracked wheels on smaller diameter 18 inch wheels (a different but prominent manufacturer). On the same roads with two different sets of 19 inch forged wheels I never had an issue. I was willingly to give the HRE versions a shot given how reputable HRE is.

In the end, I decided to purchase an OEM set of the 20 inch Competition Package wheels for the winter set. They are a bit more more than the OEM 19 inch square package but neither set is in the $500 per wheel range anyway. I will likely do the 275s front and 285s rears to match stock sizes when my wheels come in which will be in about 2 weeks or so.

While a matter of personal preference, since I will have the winter set on for roughly 5 months of the year (this is when the Southern state forum members chuckle at us) and I prefer a good look year round.

Good luck on your search. Happy to pass on any more details if that would be helpful.

Kind regards
What did you land on? Interested to learn, options are very slim!!
Appreciate 0