View Single Post
      06-04-2018, 12:22 PM   #16
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Having owned a S55 M3 and driven the 718 Cayman base and S plenty of times (plus owning a 981 currently) I will say that the 718 S/GTS is a serious piece of kit. The power and handling is truly addictive; blows my 981 base out of the water performance-wise. The low end torque makes the car an easier car to live with everyday while still adding to the overall joyous driving experience. Throttle response is pretty good, too - not as sharp as my 981 but good enough. Although neither are as good as my old e92 M3 in that regard.

Personally, I don't mind the sound of the 718; it's not great in comparison to my current Cayman but I don't hate it like some people. To me, it's no worse than my non-CP S55 was. However, I'll give the slight edge in sound to the CP F8x S55 over the 718 S w/ PSE.

You really can't go wrong with either car, IMO. However, I have been spoiled by the 2900 lb curb weight of my car now.. so tossable!
Great info. It's funny that we now consider 2900 pounds to be light and tossable. I swear I had an 80 911 that was close to 2200 pounds (not stock). Also had an Elise that was under 2000.

If I didn't need a back seat the Cayman would be the car.
Appreciate 0