View Single Post
      05-02-2018, 04:18 PM   #67
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

The calipers are the same for both steel and CCB this time around, only difference is the actual rotor. So sounds like most people are just paying for a colored caliper and have no idea.

Will the CCB stop harder and faster...no. That is the most random thing I've read, people want to feel better about spending the money.

On my GT3 the rotors after beating on them start pitting and will wear out quickly. This is sort of an expensive fix. Brakes are loud as could be around town, sure they look nice, but get them wet and when you have to mash the pedal and feel yourself not stopping it's not so nice of a feeling.

On an M5 which is heavy and not purpose built for track use, the steels will do just fine with high temp fluid and better pads. Just swap from street to track pads and bed them in properly when switching back and forth. Nothing will stop "faster" just one will fade over the other, but properly setup steels will work just as good and in most cases much much better with proper pads. Can't swap to track pads with the ceramics.

In the end I didn't order them for this car, same caliper for both applications means same pad surface area covering the rotor. And at .5" in front difference in rotor size doesn't equate to huge cooling benefit. So $9k for unsprung mass....spend it on better tires
Appreciate 4