United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 23 X5MC, 23 R8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
I agree that these cars - the E63S and M5 - are not sports cars. They have supercar performance in a straight line - but as I have written many times on this forum - neither of them belong on a road course. Beyond weight - they are big cars - older 7 series big.

These are luxury GT cars. Very fun luxury GT cars at that. And that is okay.

I do not place my ego or worth into any car I buy - as I stated before - my C7Z did not perform - both for me and countless thousands who bought the car. Not only did I not deny it - I led the way in a very unpopular fashion on Corvette Forum with fan boys everywhere denouncing me as a heretic until not only the crowd but GM was forced to admit there was a problem. I sidnt wait for GM's failed "solution" - I simply modded around mine at my own not minimal expense.

This time - much to Goonbas dismay - this is not the case. The F90 - from the available information we have today - is the quicker and faster car to the 1/4. Not by much - either way - but the MPH shows the slightly superior potential. This isn't fanboiism - this is simply fact at this moment in time. Had it been the other way around - I would have said so - because denying facts is silly.

I am fortunate to own cars almost 3 seconds in the 1/4 quicker than my upcoming M5. It is my daily. I will track it for fun a few times - but that is it.

I have said my piece - no more posts about this topic from me.

Goonba can continue to post random street race videos - but like everything not controlled - they are near useless. I know his point is that all magazines are somehow corrupt - like BMW has more money than Mercedes Benz and therefore they rule the magazine world. Except I guess every time MB's have won comparisons against BMW's - like my earlier E63S did against the F10 M5 CP in Motortrends last shoot out. Then I guess BMW just didn't ante in enough coin lol.

E63S's are already being modified/tuned - so unless we have an unbiased owner of both everyone trusts - I will have to continue to trust the "crooked" magazines.

And oh yes - test my own car - which I will and post right here.
Well said. I'm ignoring him from now on. I actually feel a bit sorry for him. I've never understood the "I'm the TURD in the Punchbowl, look at me " philosophy. Joins the forum in March 2018 to be the Turd. I could not imagine joining the AMG forums just to post the C&D, R&T, Motortrend, etc results to show them proof the M5 is quicker, etc and start an argument. Let them enjoy their forum and their killer AMG. AMG is a bad dude. Same with Porsche. I almost bought a 911 TurboS over the F90....very hard decision..but I'm not going to the Porsche Forums to debate it. It is a Very Bad Dude. Time to enjoy this forum and the new tech that will be offered and posted about the M5 !
Let's all head over to Camaro forums and talk about how much better the mustang is. Nothing like a good ol classic debate. That's exactly what's happening here with Mr Goober and some others.
23 GT4, 21 X5M, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima
Appreciate 2
onfireX53619.50
vtknight966.50