View Single Post
      03-23-2018, 07:13 PM   #78
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
This is a huge factor and is often (one of) the culprit(s) when you see top end power take a massive nosedive. Most shops have one slow moving fan that barely pushes 20mph worth of air and that is enough to cause IATs and coolant temps to rise quickly during a dyno pull. The video seems to indicate that this dyno run was done without any fan at all.

Their estimation of the Mustang reading about 12% lower than a Dynojet is spot-on in my experience but I think the car would put down more power if fed a supply of fresh air like it would encounter in a real acceleration run. These new ECUs work very quickly to dial back power when they sense IATs rising.
This is true - but unless it was very hot - where these tests took or they are hot from multiple pulls - I don't see it pulling that much timing for a 470 WHP pull. I don't agree with the 12% difference - again it is how the dyno is configured - but if you are right - that is a 526 WHP pull on a Dynojet and with 15% drivetrain loss - about 618 HP - which would work.

It still doesn't explain why WTQ is showing higher than WHP overall though - as the 509 WTQ with the same 12% conversion to Dynojet and the 15% drivetrain loss is 670 lb ft.
Appreciate 0