View Single Post
      03-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #26
ljdavis
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
I think you will be pleasantly surprised by just how different the M5 and M550ix are. I also have an m550ix as a daily and it is fairly peppy; I have run 12.1 at 117 MPH. That said - the M5 - in magazine tests is running 10.9 at 127-129 MPH. That is literally a night and day difference (more than a couple of buses difference). And is really the M550ix's main strong suit; straight line performance. The chassis, brakes, transmission Tuning and many other components of the car as a road course/canyon carving car - are also Night and day however - in favour of the M5 (as all of the reviews have said both for the M550ix being too soft and unchuckable in turns and the M5 being the exact opposite in these categories - extremely competent actually).

As to M5 vs E63S - I again think the answers are already there. The E63S is louder/better engine noises - beyond that it doesn't handle as well, brake as well, and being fair is as quick and fast or slightly less than the M5 (and that is without the Comp Pack). Everyday drivability (which for me was important as this is my daily and I am fortunate to race other cars) - is much better in the M5 - giving you the G30's luxury (versus uber stuff in the AMG).

In the end - it's your choice of course - but again I think the info is there...

Cheers!
I appreciate you sharing your perspective. I honestly think it's going to come down to me getting behind the wheel of the M5; just waiting for BMW to release my vehicle from the VPC.

There are attributes of both cars that I really like and likewise dislike. The sound of the e63s is amazing and I think I might prefer it's interior over the M5. Exterior wise, I'm torn between both vehicles. I wish the M5 was slightly more aggressive in its appearance. First world problems, right!!!???
Appreciate 0