View Single Post
      02-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #20
deutsch100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i7 60, XM, M3 Comp, 911 GTS

My VIN shows that I have "hot climate" AND "cold climate". This is possible? LOL Mine has both. My VIN also shows UV/thermal glass glazing, but let me tell you I have NEVER had a car besides my '17 40e and now '17 35d where the glass gets hotter and retains more heat! I think VIN decoder lies

Before my two '17 X5s...my last cars were a 2016 MBZ G550, 2016 Porsche 911S, 2014 Supercharged Range Rover and then a slew of Bentleys and RRs. Climate control consisted of Automatic, selecting a temp (or in the case of Rolls....blue or red slide dials) and the A/C pumped hard when it was hot, and softer when the cabin was cooled down. No fussing. I know I keep saying this, but as much as I am totally in love with my 35d, I do not know if I will survive another So.Cal summer with this anemic and pathetic A/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Mine is ok,it also shows "the hot climate version" on the VIN decoder but these red/blue dials are really confusing. BMW is the first car I ever own which makes me pay so much attention to the climate control settings. On my Infiniti i would just choose the right temperature,and that was it. With 4-zone climate control in my X5 things are definitely way more complicated.
Appreciate 0