02-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #8
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
I have some insight on hospital's financial operations and may be able to help....Did you do this as standard outpatient procedure via a Dr's office at the hospital? Or was this performed as an ER service? They each have different outcomes as far as debt and collections.

How long was the period from you received the initial $150 bill to the point where you received a collections letter? How has the collections agency been treating you and contacting you so far? Have they called you? If so, what times of the day?

Debt collection agencies are pieces of shit. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act provides you the consumer with some relief of dealing with their bullshit scare tactics and what not.
I just went with Dr prescription to hospital and had it done there outpatient I believe.

The collection letter says date of service 7/25/17 which seems about right. I probably got the $150 bill a month or less after that then didn't get anything else until last week I got the collection letter. I have not received a collection letter for the $1200. In fact the last letter I got was that they somehow enrolled me in some payment plan thing or something, but I have not paid that so I'm guessing it may just go to the same collection people as the $150?

They have not called me, at least they haven't left message, I don't answer numbers I don't know. I called them today and tried to explain to the lady what I said here and although she was no nasty, she just didn't care. She was like ok well I'll make a note of it on your account that you do not want to pay it. I could tell she really didn't give a shit so I was just like ok sounds good.

Like I said I don't have an issue paying the $150 (even though I still think they are in the wrong) but not the $1200.
Appreciate 0