11-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #39
darkrabbit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 F36 440i GC, '03 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpriest View Post
Completely agree. I would much rather have a beefy iron disc BBK, something like an AP Racing Radi-CAL BBK then CCBs.

That being said, I'm completely disappointed by BMW's current iron brakes even in the new M4. They fade pretty much immediately if you are quick at Laguna Seca, the worst braking track I've been to by far.

I did get a chance to see BMW testing the new M5 in camo form at Buttonwillow Raceway back in August. They were doing hot lap after hot lap all day on the CCBs and couldn't get them fade. Didn't get a chance to tell them they should have tested at Laguna Seca instead, lol.
Heh heh. Yeah at Mosport here I can get the M5 irons to fade and Mosport isn’t a track with a lot of braking. But in the end if you track your car a brake upgrade is inevitable. I put a BBK on my E46 M3 and I can slap my eyeballs off the windshield lap after lap.

I’ll bet what BMW didn’t show at Buttonwillow was the 3 pad swaps and a rotor replacement at the end of the day They definitely don’t fade but they wear like a mofo under heavy track duty.
Appreciate 0