View Single Post
      11-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
bwcooper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl View Post
Test drove the M40i yesterday - very impressed. Silly fast, the stock M Sport suspension seemed perfectly calibrated to me, build quality was excellent. Couldn't find the power tilt button for steering wheel, I'm sure it's there somewhere, the one at the showroom had a manually adjusted steering wheel. Car was more than quiet enough in comfort mode but came alive when you stomped the accelerator. Brakes were almost too grabby, would have to recalibrate my brake pedal pressure.

My only concern is the size...coming from an X5 with two teenage girls, one of whom is still growing. fortunately i'm short (5 8") so I can bring the drivers seat up quite a bit leaving decent legroom in the back, but definitely less than the X5. My golf clubs will be a tight fit - i know they will go in using the cubby holes, not sure if they will fit diagonally without using the cubby hole, but i could always just put one of the rear seats down. Curious if the M40i buyers out there have kids and if any of you downsized from the X5, would like your impressions on size.
My kids are adults now, and are even bigger than me. Which is why I posted the pics of what I would look like sitting behind someone of my size (6'2"). I used to have a larger MDX, and downsized to the RX 350 back when it was smaller. The X3 is actually about the same size as that RX, maybe a half inch less knee room.

Naturally, what I really like about the mid sized versions now is the ease in navigating in tight spaces (parking lots), etc. To the point that when I get in a full size X5 or 2017 or later RX, it seems like a tank.
Appreciate 0