06-30-2017, 10:48 PM   #6
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever. View Post
It all would depend on what "detailing" you're talking about. Detailing can go as far as clay bar-ing, polishing, and removing swirls and maybe putting on coats of hydrophobic sealants that make your car shine and bring out its colour. Some people go all the way, some people don't. My car is white, and as soon as I received it from delivery, it went straight to my detailer. It looks better than it was brand new.

From a "colour perspective", your eyes are going to see the "shine" results better if your car is black or similar. On the other hand, you'll see the "effects" less on a white car. Not that white cars can't be detailed, black just tends to show results better, just how swirls are easier to see on a black car.

A lot would depend on the detailer as well, I suggest talking to a reputable one who can explain what you can expect from what you'd like to get out of a job. Every customer is different. And there are a lot of people out there who say they "detail" but be careful who you give your car to and the price they offer for their services. I've seen many horror stories which messed up the car's paint. Just like anything else, shop around.

And in my own humble opinion, the phrase "It's pointless because it's going to get dirty again." is just silly. Why take a shower, if you're going to get dirty again? Why clean your house? People like to protect and upkeep their investments.
Well, that was my thought beforehand. But, I can take a shower, and clean my house and even wash my car with minimal investment as compared to several hundred $ on a detail job. I could get my car adequately clean on my own, but the detailing took it to a whole new level of clean.
Appreciate 0