View Single Post
      06-30-2017, 09:32 PM   #1
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Thumbs up Who has had their car detailed and did you think it was worth it?

I just got a free $200 several hour detail on my car from my dealer. I helped them out last year and they gave me a coupon for it so I've been waiting til the weather was nice. I always kind of thought detailing was a little pointless because, well, it's just going to get dirty again. I've never had a car detailed so I had no idea what to expect. I got it back and am floored at just how clean the thing is, carpets shampooed, ALL the leather or leather like surfaces clearly treated beyond what I've ever done. Waxed. My garage smells nice from the wax now. They took everything out of every little cubby and left it in a box in the trunk having cleaned all of the spots

In the end, compared to what I was envisioning, I was really impressed. I could see doing it maybe 1-2x/year, especially if I could find someone that does as good of a job for a little cheaper. I somewhat wonder if a guy with an individual business might take more pride in their work as it is the source of their income, vs the guy at the dealer who is being paid hourly.
Appreciate 0