AndreyATC
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tesla Model X P90DL

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
1 have not SEEN any. 14 vs 10000 gas stations or hundreds of e85 is an insignificant amount
2 where? As i said I've only seen twice, and they were private. I'm in 3 or 4 different major city parking lots all over the state daily. I go to large office buildings for work. I've seen zero for public use.
3 every report i see they iverheat. Maybe you aren't pulling repeatedly to higher speeds.
4 cruise i got 27mpg. 16 gallons that's 432 mile range.
5 prius need replacing by 200k and loose a good chunk by 100k. Idk how tesla is superior when effectively its identical tech and used much more than in a hybrid
6 i live in fl. Yes i remember. Bp was caused by illegal short cuts. Even then pretty much a non event. And i live here. Now with bp leak a historical event, more stringent policies are in place to stop that. Want to really worry? Communist countries are drilling for oil in the gulf. Do you trust them more? Are they going to stop? Or are they gonna take it and leave us none?
7 route changes daily. I cover the southern half of the state. And why should i base my route or my accommodations on charging ability? How inconvenient and how much extra time and mileage would that work out to?
8 at least we agree here it has issues.
1. You haven't seen any because you havent looked for one
When i'm on the trip the car tells me where i can stop on my route. it's part of navigation system. I can either skip or charge on the station
2. There are people who drive a lot more than you do. Superchargers are close enough not to worry about charging.
3. when you look at the same report from different sources you may end up feeling that way
Even towing does not create a problem
5. Prius battery tech is junk
Only Tesla has cooled/heated battery, which maintains good health of the pack. It also has the highest density of all. In short, you cannot compare Tesla battery to others
8. No, we didnt agree here, Model S in fairly reliable now (CR link above, my own experience as well), older models issues are gone. Model X is great as well, I'm pretty sure CR will update their records soon, just like they did for MS

Last edited by AndreyATC; 01-17-2017 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0