View Single Post
      12-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #49
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

I don't blame the artist for the poor response to the car, I blame bmw. You can't hate on the artist for his work if that is simply his style. BMW should take a step back and whisper amongst themselves...

"This guy just paints dots on black and white photos. Does this really line up with our racing heritage?"

This is kinda similar to the jenny holder V12 LMR. Very minimalist and pales in comparison to calder, lichenstein, warhol, nelson and done cars where not a single inch of the body panels were left unpainted.

regardless, I will be waiting for btw to release the 1:18 to add to my collection.

Fortunately, I think BMW commissioned 2 upcoming art cars so hopefully the next one will make up for it.
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0