View Single Post
      06-14-2016, 06:16 AM   #22
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
Hopefully my post linked below might help some of you getting "Trailer Lamp Malfunction" in the dash and/or the "Trailer Electrics Overload" errors on the iDrive after installing the OEM harness supplied from Invisihitch.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=78

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the 2-Pin CANbus wire. Mine wasn't seated together perfectly. If that doesn't fix it, then triple check all your connections (making sure the harness wires are hooked up to the right connector pins). That has been the other cause of issues for other forum members.

I did not get any coding done. The only thing the coding should be needed for is the camera zoom function. Everything else happens automatically because the car recognizes the fact that the harness is hooked up.
I actually followed your post very carefully. I did disconnect and reconnect the 2-pin CANbus wire four different times just to make sure. It did not fix my problem. I also checked all of my connections. I even took out the fuses and made sure they were good. I am confident I connected all of the wires properly. So, I am now hoping the folks at code my car can help. Stay tuned...
Appreciate 0