View Single Post
      06-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #15
neuro0
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class5Kayaker View Post
Hopefully my post linked below might help some of you getting "Trailer Lamp Malfunction" in the dash and/or the "Trailer Electrics Overload" errors on the iDrive after installing the OEM harness supplied from Invisihitch.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=78

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the 2-Pin CANbus wire. Mine wasn't seated together perfectly. If that doesn't fix it, then triple check all your connections (making sure the harness wires are hooked up to the right connector pins). That has been the other cause of issues for other forum members.
Mine was installed by a recommended installer. I also double checked the wiring and the CANbus pin. They are all correct. Since the harness is BMW oem, I kinda expect no error will be shown on the dash.

I am hoping the coding will resolve the error, but I am not optimistic. Simply put, what is there to code? According to the invisihitch person I talked to, this error has been showing up frequently recently. We paid extra for the oem harness, this should be perfect integration to our BMW. Otherwise, may as well save some money and go for the invisihitch harness.
Appreciate 0