04-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #9
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
interesting. my wife has a mercedes roadster now and part of the reason we are looking is because of interior space. if the current price point of the m2 wasnt so far from the m235 and so close to the m4 i think it would be an easy decision.

I kind of have the below numbers in mind
m235i - 40k (used)
435i w/ m package - 45k (Used)
m2 - 57k
m4 60-63k (2015 under 15k miles)
audi rs5 - 50k

i guess the problem is that i'm comparing used to new. i'm lucky to have time, her lease is up in october but mileage overage is fast approaching. plus im inpatient and want what i want
Your m4 for that price will have to be a stripper and have higher miles. If your looking at an m4 there are really good incentives on the new ones.

the m235i will be a great steal in the future. the m2 will kill its price. I would wait you will be able to get one for an amazing price.

for me the reason I went with the m2. I prefer manual rear wheel drive cars. I am obviously partial to bmw. Coming from an e92 m3 it was great but they just continue to get bigger and bigger. The m4 was great but it was even bigger then my m3. This car will outperform my m3, have better gas mileage and be the size I like. I also have an old e46 330ci. The m2 is a nice middle between the two cars.

also to the value point you could spec a m235i to be close to the m2 and it would cost more. The 2015 Cayman S I drove was really nice but I feel like it wasn't 67k nice...

also ps if your looking at the rs5 go for the e92 m3 instead.
Appreciate 0