View Single Post
      04-05-2016, 10:48 PM   #1
M4Jack
Rep
Drives: AW F90 M5CP

Significant changes post Break-In Service

I recently had my Break-In service completed on my F82 M4 with MPE and have noticed substantial differences in the car, and I am wondering whether this is normal and whether any one else has experienced it. I am unable to find similar experiences in other threads I've read, sorry if this is a carbon copy of something prior as I am new to these forums, AND in a different country! (Perhaps this is a country specific limitation?)

TLDR the issues I've had;

1. In Economy setting cruising with very little throttle application RPM's sat around 1400-1500, post service they are sitting at 1100.

2. In Sport setting similar to above, RPM around 200 lower cruising. Sport+ has similar feel if not feels a little bit faster.

The above two issues I'm not particularly phased with as when I want to do any spirited driving I use Sport+, and the lower RPM has lead to greater fuel economy.

HOWEVER, the most upsetting change I've noticed (myself and others) is the cold start. Starting the car in the morning was always an event, and I have found post-service the beast has been tamed so to speak. It sounds a lot softer.

If anyone could shed some light that would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by M4Jack; 04-05-2016 at 10:56 PM..
Appreciate 0