View Single Post
      01-25-2016, 12:46 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Smile Sneak-Peak of Major Home Remodeling Project

This particular project is a looooong time in the making and very over due. The reason for the delay is that we had contemplated moving. But we decided that having such a wonderful (top academic elementary schools in the state) school only a couple of blocks walking distance, and our youngest still in second grade, we'd allow him to finish out here. That's at least 3yrs more.
Back story... My wife and I before kids, went out and traveled often. We both love to dance and enjoy socializing and hosting parties. And I was huge in the club/bar scene back in the day. I have invested in a club or two as well and am looking to open my own soon. Many of the houses these days build with "formal living and dining areas". The problem is, those area are mostly for show and rarely even used. We eat in the dining area in our kitchen and we spend all of our time in our entertaining/living area. So needless to say, the furniture and decor were in serious need of upgrades from the floor to the furniture! After discussing it for months, and going to hotels, bars, restaurants and furniture stores to draw inspiration, I told her that I wanted to create a "in-home Lounge". This would resolve 2 big issues for us: the much needed remodel/freshening of the space but also increase the social and parties frequency we host at home tremendously. My wife of course, loved the idea!
So where to start? The floor. IMO, nothing impacts an area quite like the floor. I looked through so many styles of wood and tile I literally can not tell you how many. But I knew I wanted a 'dramatic change'. So I decided to go with this grey wood-like tile. Not only does it look like wood it is textured like wood. Once the floor was selected, I then located some contemporary furniture a few weeks ago. And just this weekend, my painters finished. I also found the perfect bar being delivered this week. But to really make it pop, I will be searching for some custom stone to be cut and placed on the bar counter top. Now I'm looking for some amazing art pieces (paintings and metal) So stay tuned...

Appreciate 1