10-23-2015, 07:43 AM   #22
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
I'm not speculating anything...this is what I'm verbally hearing from dealerships...a few other folks have heard the same. but aside from that, Did you really think that the marketing campaigns would bluntly announce it as such??!!! "yes, we are having our engines tested by EPA and we may well be closing down the shop on all our diesel models, as we might not make the short-list"!
Based on what I heard from the dealers, at this point it is a full stop to NorAm diesel production. That would mean the diesel might even be put aside for NorAm...note that environmental codes and regulations of Europe and NorAm are different.
The fact that is being sold in europe uninterrupted, is another reason why I think, all diesels in NorAm are now under microscope/
2+2=3
The point being that NA diesels were delayed/stopped anyway quite a while ago... long before VW .... this is just an extension of the same delay (unless I have misunderstood) .... I'm not sure how many dealerships you have spoken to verbally but its all just rumour and speculation !
Appreciate 0