Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMS View Post
2+2 = 5

Where does it say this is related to VW ?... as has been said above you would expect that if this was emissions related then they would stop production end of ! AFAIK there was no new engine for 2016 models so why would they continue to roll out 2015 models ??

There was a delay published a couple of months ago relating to US/Canada diesels, this seemed to be market related because UK models were unaffected (my UK 40d was built and delivered while US models were on hold which is 2016 spec).

I appreciate that it doesn't help you guys with the 2015/2016 ordering decision but it doesn't mean its related to VW (certainly from what I'm seeing).
I'm not speculating anything...this is what I'm verbally hearing from dealerships...a few other folks have heard the same. but aside from that, Did you really think that the marketing campaigns would bluntly announce it as such??!!! "yes, we are having our engines tested by EPA and we may well be closing down the shop on all our diesel models, as we might not make the short-list"!
Based on what I heard from the dealers, at this point it is a full stop to NorAm diesel production. That would mean the diesel might even be put aside for NorAm...note that environmental codes and regulations of Europe and NorAm are different.
The fact that is being sold in europe uninterrupted, is another reason why I think, all diesels in NorAm are now under microscope/
2+2=3

Last edited by Shaw; 10-23-2015 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0