Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Nico Rosberg offers explanation for gap to Lewis Hamilton

Nico Rosberg offers explanation for gap to Lewis Hamilton

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/...lewis-hamilton

Nico Rosberg says he has yet to "maximise" a race weekend this season and is hoping doing so at the Spanish Grand Prix will allow him to beat Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in a straight fight.

Rosberg has finished behind Hamilton at every race this year and heads to the fifth round in Spain with a 27-point deficit in the championship. Asked directly why he has failed to pose a serious threat to Hamilton at the first four races, Rosberg said it was a matter of getting the best from all aspects of his race weekend.

"It's just a matter of maximising the weekend and it's not really come together until now," he said. "Parts have gone well but other parts not so well and I just need to put it all together. Of course I will try to do that from now onwards.

"Of course, the results [so far] speak for themselves and it's pretty clear. For me Barcelona is a race on its own and I come here after a personal boost from Bahrain and I just want to optimise this weekend. That's it and I'm not really thinking about it more than that."

Rosberg believes the threat from Ferrari will be present again in Spain.

"We expect it to be similar now to the last couple of races. We still hope to be in front in qualifying and in the race it is going to be very close. I think it's going to continue, but of course here everybody has brought some updates, so that is going to shuffle things around a little bit, but the general trend is probably going to stay very similar."