View Single Post
      11-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #42
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
The problem in China is its heavy reliance on coal factories. To deny its impact on air pollution is to deny science and climate change is not a political conversation but rather a scientific one. Bringing in politics to topics such as global warming and macroeconomics dumbs them down to absolute nonsense which is unfortunate as there are lots of good discussion to be had.

Thanks for the reasonable reply though. I'd argue of all of the complicated issues going on in Germany and the EU, utility rates are towards the bottom of the list as far as weighted impact is concerned.

Also if I were to shape a dialog around this topic I wouldn't base it on the notion that climate change is some liberal scare tactic. To do so would dismiss the extensive independent scientific research worldwide on the issue. It would be more interesting to discuss just how much CO2 emissions are from automobiles vs differing types of power generating factories vs the emissions caused from things as simple as cow farts and the fact that we cut down is is plenty of trees for building and agriculture purposes. All of which contribute to CO2 emissions.

Instead, making it political results in a degradation of the topic to baseless talking points and conspiracies about some silly plot to have everyone drive a Prius.
Completely agree! It is unbelievable how many people in the US are not able to grasp the huge impact of pollution our modern society is producing.
Appreciate 0