United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
2003 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrows25 View Post
Yours has velcro? I don't think mine does -- it's constantly sliding forward, up under the pedals. I'll have to take a look -- thanks for the heads up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
My mats always slip forward inpeding on my pedal work.
I haven't taken the time to look at it in detail.
BMW mats always come with hold-downs of some kind. The carpeted mats have velcro-loop circles on the back that mate with plastic velcro-hook disks that screw into the carpet. The all-weather mats have molded holes that fit over hooks that screw into the carpet. Other threads have mentioned that dealers don't always install the hold-downs when throwing mats in the car, but if you order them aftermarket they should be included with instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPowers View Post
Contact cement like rubber cement?
Well, "rubber cement" that you get from the office store is pretty wimpy stuff but might work. If you go to a craft/fabric store and ask for "contact cement" they should have a few different varieties that are pretty wicked. The last one I had (Elmers something) came in a blue tube with an orange top, took 24 hours to cure, and stuck like crazy. Just make sure the container lists "fabric" or "leather" as one of the uses (they usually do) -- it basically means the glue's flexible when it cures.
Appreciate 0