View Single Post
      01-10-2014, 01:19 PM   #72
Ash Williams
Groovy
Rep
Drives: '13 BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLight View Post
The problem is that the image BMW has build during the last 50 years of innovation and having exceptional M-cars is being eroded and has disappeared in some cases. If the M-version of a series car loses its comparisons in all magazines, the customer is being told that the values of yesteryear, that made them buy lesser models, are no more.

In my view, the M5 is a flop. And I am scared the same philosophy has been followed for the M3/4. I am waiting with my next purchase to see and test-drive it first, but not in anticipation, more likely in dread.
The base F10 line was as much of a flop as the M5. Likely the shortcomings of the base car contributed to the shortcomings of the M5, especially considering that the F10 M5 wasn't as different from a normal 550i than most had hoped.

Given that the new 3/4 series has had a slightly warmer reception than the F10, hopefully we're at a better starting point. Also BMW is claiming that the new M3/4 will be a large departure from the base models, so hopefully that's true.
Appreciate 0