View Single Post
      11-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #22
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Nope, wasn't comparing M6 vs Corvette. I was commenting on the Corvette's own merits, as I see them. Again, this is just my opinion.

To me, specific output is a great way to put engineering prowess on display. 74bhp in 2013 sucks any way you slice it.

cheers, happy thanksgiving.
HP/liter are for people desperate to knock the Corvette because they can't gripe about anything else besides the interior before the Stingray. The 6.2 liter Small Block is physically smaller than most smaller displacement DOHC motors. That pays off when it comes to packaging.

HP/liter, the engine being OHV, the one lateral leaf spring in the rear, etc are the usual BS reasons to knock the Corvette.

In the end, all of these reasons are irrelevant. Just as long as the car is fast, fuel efficient( for what it is), the engine has a good power band, etc who cares how the engine makes its power. Going to buy an inferior sports car just because it makes 100 HP/liter over the 'Vette's 74 HP/liter? That is how ridiculous the stat is. It won't go into your buying decision.

Don't get me wrong it is cool to see small motors make big power, but at end of the day it just doesn't matter.

My 7 year old Saturn Aura's interior is still in very good shape. No peeling, fading, etc.
Appreciate 0