08-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #15
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I lost interest in doing 0-60's with the SC M3. But I might strap in the VBox and do some street pulls to validate where I think the results would be.

So when my M3 was new and bone stock with 50 miles on the ODO I tried 0-60's. On the hottest day of Sept 2012 (100 degrees) on a flat surface going slightly uphill with some debris on the road I did two pulls. The first pull resulted in me hitting the fuel cutoff in 1st gear shifting with the paddles and got a 4.8 seconds lol. The next run I short shifted 1st gear just before 8,000 RPM and got 4.2 seconds. Based on my assessment of the conditions, and with more practice, I think 3.7 to 3.9's in the stock m3 DCT is realistic (with my car anyway that dyno'd at 365 RWHP stock).

Now with the SC it becomes tricky because traction is the issue. I've found that my factory Pirellis were a joke and the upgraded 275/35/19 Michelin PSS tires actually give me good traction in first gear up to 5K rpm where I need to short shift to 2nd. I would guestimate that my street 0-60 times would be in the 3.3 to 3.6 second range. Could I pull off a 2.X second run? Possibly if I slapped on my track 18's with RS3's and heated the f*** out of the them and took 1st gear to redline.

Mind you I was getting consistent 3.7 to 3.9's (with a best of 3.5 going slightly uphill) in my LSD equipped 412 RWHP n54 6AT 335i starting in 2nd gear.

I must admit that I did try a 0-60 once after my M3 was supercharged with with VBox plugged in. It was far from ideal however. I was at Willow Springs driving up to the drift balcony. No one was around so I stopped the car and went WOT. Spun the crap out of the tires (which were 45psi in anticipation of the drift session) plus DA's were like 5,000 feet. Spun 2nd gear as well. For all that, results weren't half bad at 3.9 seconds.
Yeah definitely if you bust out the VBox you should post results of your findings. Im VERY interested in the 60-130 results bc my friends and I always argue what the time would be SCed and it would be awesome if youre willing to post it for the forum
ESS V2 Tune, ACM Test Pipes, AA Green Filter,Custom painted Recaro Pole Positions, Akrapovic slip on, Stoptech ST60/ Pagid pads, KW Clubsports, APEX ARC8s/Pilot Sport Cups, Hamann carbon fiber hood, ONEighty Headlight mod (selfmade), CRT lip with splitters, Blacked out/paint matched emblems, black aluminum extended paddles and pedals
Appreciate 0